When will St Blase begin to have weekend masses?
In keeping with the governor’s order, we will begin Saturday, May 30th, 2020 at 4pm. The weekend mass schedule is as follows: Saturdays at 4:00pm and Sundays at 9:00am and 11:00am.
ARCHBISHOP VIGNERON HAS REINSTATED THE OBLIGATION TO ATTEND MASS on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation EFFECTIVE MARCH 13, 2021.
THE DISPENSATION from attending mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation REMAINS IN EFFECT for Catholics who are living in THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
1. You are ill or your health condition would be significantly compromised if you were to contract a communicable illness (i.e., you have underlying conditions or are in a high-risk category).
Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
2. You exhibit flu-like symptoms. Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
3. You have good reason to think you might be asymptomatic of a contagious illness (e.g., you
were in recent contact with someone who tested positive for a contagious illness such as
COVID or influenza). Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
4. You care for the sick, homebound, or infirmed.
5. You are pregnant.
6. Those 65 years of age or older (per CDC's recommendation of high risk individuals).
7. You cannot attend Mass through no fault of your own (e.g., no Mass is offered, you are infirmed,
or, while wanting to go, you are prevented for some reason you cannot control (e.g., your ride
did not show up, the church was at capacity).
8. If you have significant fear or anxiety of becoming ill by being at Mass.
Will there be communion?
Yes. You will be given instructions on the process to receive communion in
your hand. Eucharistic Minister will wear masks when distributing communion.
The Body of Christ will NOT be placed in a person’s mouth/ on their tongue. If this is a problem for you, do not come to St. Blase for mass. There are no exceptions.
Regrettably, we cannot offer the Precious Blood at this time.
What about the Sacrament of Penance? (Confession/ Reconciliation)
Confessions are at 3:00 pm on Saturdays in the Social Center. Face to face Confessions only at this time. You must wear a mask when participating in the sacrament of penance.
The hymnals are back! Worship aides will be provided for livestream mass.
Daily masses are on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays at 9:30 am.
YES, we will stream mass on our YouTube channel on Saturdays at 4:00 pm. You can also find mass on our website's homepage and a link to mass posted on our Facebook page. Mass will be available to view after mass has ended.
If you have any questions, please email Mary at email@example.com.